Petty cash is an important business necessity to help support daily operations by allowing your staff to quickly purchase items that they need to keep your business running smoothly. Whether it is stationary replenishment, mailing or shipping expenses or paying for parking at a conference, there are many small purchases that frequently arise which need to be handled on the spot.
This is where using a remote employee petty cash card can come in handy. The prepaid debit card can be created by simply just providing the employee's name and email. Instead of remote workers having to pay for items out of pocket and submit receipts to be reimbursed, funds can be preloaded onto the card and available to use immediately.
Furthermore, with the Emburse platform, business managers can access real-time online statements that itemize all purchases, making it easier to control petty cash expenses and reduces the time spent on reconciliation.
The Main Benefits of Using a Remote Employee Petty Cash Card Are:
- Employees can use the card to make purchases online, in person or over the phone
- Multiple cards can be issued, eliminating the risk of employees insecurely sharing credit card numbers
- Funds are preloaded and instantly available for when your staff needs them
- Eliminates the need for keeping cash in the office
- No personal credit application is required
- Real-time, online statements make reconciliation simple to manage
- Traditional administrative costs associated with managing petty cash are reduced
If your business is seeking an easier way to allow remote employees to use petty cash and wants better visibility into being able to control expenses, Emburse can help. Our corporate solutions include prepaid employee debit cards, prepaid virtual cards, corporate budgeting and custom API solutions. We would be happy to show you a demo of how we can help your business simplify petty cash management. No more paperwork, reimbursements or overspending!