Prior to upgrading to Emburse, BELFOR faced several challenges with their prior expense management solution, Concur. From a user perspective, employees felt Concur’s interface was difficult to navigate and lacked user-friendly mobile features. From an administrative perspective, Concur was unable to address BELFOR’s configuration requests; instead, finance had to adapt workarounds outside of the system. Despite having three dedicated accountants, expense reimbursement could take up to three weeks due to inefficient workflows.
BELFOR saves time and money with EmburseEmburse was eager to address BELFOR’s configuration requirements and customize the solution for their specific use cases. According to Conway, the implementation team helped BELFOR optimize their workflows, business rules, integrations and employee group settings to ensure a successful rollout. “Working with Emburse feels like a true partnership where they really listen to our needs and care about our success and happiness, which is something we didn’t have with Concur.”
Both users and finance responded positively to the new solution. “Coming from Concur, Emburse Chrome River is much more efficient and easier to use,” said Conway. Icons visually illustrate expense types, making navigation and expense allocation quick and easy for users. The experience is consistent across mobile and desktop applications, which has been hugely beneficial for the organization’s thousands of field employees.
Emburse helped BELFOR streamline approval workflows and optimize routing rules to expedite expense report processing—now employees can get reimbursed within one week, compared to up to three weeks with Concur. With efficiencies gained, BELFOR was able to re-assign two full-time employees, who were formerly dedicated to expense management, to other projects.
In addition to time savings, BELFOR realized significant cost savings.
- Offers flexibility: Highly customizable, the solution is equipped to address complex use-cases and evolving business requirements.
- Streamlines expense management: Built-in rules automate and expedite the approval process for faster expense reimbursement.
- Integrates across systems: Automatic data feeds from corporate credit card, ERP and HR systems eliminate the need for manual input.
- Improves user experience: Visual mosaics make expense allocation quick and easy, while mobile capabilities enable users to submit expense reports from anywhere, anytime.
- Provides best-in-class support: Product experts guide customers through implementation, and dedicated relationship managers support long-term success.